Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default EU to flush your money down your toilet?

On 30/10/2013 01:18, Java Jive wrote:

On 29 Oct 2013 22:30:39 GMT, Huge wrote:

Except that wasn't a vote for the EU

It was a vote to remain in the EU, so I find it difficult to conceive
how it could possibly be interpreted as anything other than a vote for
the EU.

I am too young to remember much of the detail, but I only recall talk at
the time of voting to enter/stay in the common market. No mention of the
EU or similar terminology. I get the string impression that is how
people at the time perceived what was on offer.

Even a decade or more later, when Mrs Thatcher highlighted that the
whole purpose of the EU dream from the outset was one of political
union, the deniers claimed that was not the case and that she was simply
being irrational etc. At least now they seem more open to admitting that
as the goal.

--
Cheers,

John.