Posted to alt.home.repair
Jon Danniken[_7_] Jon Danniken[_7_] is offline

Default Are fiberglass hammer handles better than wood?

On 11/07/2013 12:47 PM, willshak wrote:

I have used Estwing framing hammers for years when working for a general
contractor on my days off. I even hired him to build my house and I got
paid for helping him build it.
My Estwings are 22 ounce. I have 2 framing hammers, one with a smooth
face and the other a milled face. I also have an Estwing drywall hammer.
They are all single forgings of steel, all have a blue rubber shock
absorber on the lower part of the handle.

I don't think rubber would hold up very long as a handle coating; my
Estwing, purchased 20-some odd years ago, uses Nylon on the handle, as
stated on the bottom.

Jon