Posted to alt.home.repair
jamesgang jamesgang is offline

Default Need to lift a 12x8 foot porch up 15 feet.

On Thursday, November 7, 2013 12:54:29 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
On Thu, 07 Nov 2013 04:56:10 -0600, wrote:

I'm trying to think of a way to raise a 12x8 foot porch up 15 feet. Let

me explain: The trailer house was moved to a new location. The porch

came with the trailer house. The porch was free standing, only

connected to the trailer by a few screws and some flashing to join the

roofs. (This is a porch with walls and a roof, which has six 4x4 legs).

I only read the description once, and I'm not sure I'm picturing it,

but

How about moving the trailer out of the way for a while, putting the

porch at the top of the hill, and lowering it into place? This might

be safer for the trailer too, out of the way so the porch can't fall

on it.

Think I'll throw my vote in for the tear down rebuild group.