Leon

Default Scary lesson

"patriarch astDOTnet" patriarch wrote in message
.17...

Carbide blades cut aluminum quite easily, actually. I was really

skeptical
about it, but my very reliable neighbor showed me on HIS saw how it

worked.
So this morning, when needing to trim some aluminum door threshold, I used
the OEM blade on my DeWalt CMS, rather than some other saw.

Quick, easy, and cleaned up the trim with a small file.

No doubt that carbide cuts aluminum easily. BUT the aluminum push sticks ar
THIN. If the push stick were to be thrown back at you or a thin piece were
to be cut off and thrown back at you the thin material would most certainly
penetrate your skin. I would have to beliece that amumimum shavings would
also fly through the air with more force than saw dust shavings.