Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Todesco Art Todesco is offline

Default Average cost of transfer switch and power inlet

On 11/6/2013 11:18 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
wrote in message
Please provide the cite for that. And explain why if
it's not permitted, why major panel manufacturers have listed
lockout slides for their panels, for exactly the purpose I
outlined?

The sad thing is that those plates and about 3 screws and nuts cost from
about $ 50 to $ 100. Should be less than $ 20 for what it cost to make
them.

Yes, but, they are soooooo nice. I built a house 5 years ago and they
put in an emergency panel. So, only a select set of breakers get
powered from the generator. This is ok, but I wish I had remembered the
mechanical interlock thing, when building. Here's a link to one of
them: http://www.interlockkit.com/ Yes they are overpriced for what
you get, but, especially on a retrofit, it is much easier and cheaper
than the alternative.