patriarch

Default Scary lesson

"Leon" wrote in
om:

"Bay Area Dave" wrote in message
. com...

If that won't stop your heart, nothing will! I'll remember
to my dying day when all the carbide tips flew off my then
newly purchased Crapsman contractor's TS. I had ignorantly
placed the metal "feather board" that Sears sells, too close
to the blade.

It just goes against my way of thinking that a manufacturer would
produce a metal feather board to be used on a TS. Seems like an
accident waiting to happen. I guess it actually was.
I wonder if Rockler still markets the Aluminum push stick, another bad
idea IMHO.

Carbide blades cut aluminum quite easily, actually. I was really skeptical
about it, but my very reliable neighbor showed me on HIS saw how it worked.
So this morning, when needing to trim some aluminum door threshold, I used
the OEM blade on my DeWalt CMS, rather than some other saw.

Quick, easy, and cleaned up the trim with a small file.

That said, I still believe that 3/4" plywood makes excellent push sticks.

Patriarch