Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Trevor Wilson Trevor Wilson is offline

Default Rotel RCD-855 Help Needed

On 7/11/2013 10:58 AM, wrote:
My beloved Rotel RCD-855, purchased new around 1990, has 'died'. My stereo is left powered on all the time and the power went out for less than two seconds the other night. A while later I noticed the all the display's segments were lit up.

I powered it off and back on with the same symptom. I powered it off for a few minutes and when I powered it on again, the display was/is completely dark though I can here some activity immediately after powering on. Nothing works, not even the drawer.

Confused (by changing display symptoms) and bummed. It's not worth having someone even look at it, I'm sure. But, it still sounded so great, I want to try and fix it myself. No idea where to start.

**Start by obtaining a service manual and look at the power supplies.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au