Posted to uk.d-i-y
Onetap Onetap is offline

Default Carbon Monoxide detector

On Wednesday, November 6, 2013 10:34:13 AM UTC, Gefreiter Krueger wrote:

If it's producing CO then there will be other gases you can smell.

Probably not; there are odours in some cases, not in others,.
A CO leak will also deplete the oxygen level in the room. A low level will send you to sleep and kill you over some hours. It also distorts your perception and makes you lethargic.

Anyway I can smell a brand new boiler running, my neighbour's for example. I've never encountered a gas appliance I can't smell. Nothing is 100% clean and only makes CO2 and H2O. If it was that good there would be no CO.

--

I failed my audition as Romeo through a misunderstanding over a stage direction. In my script it clearly said, "Enter Juliette from the rear."