Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
BottleBob BottleBob is offline

Default SideWinder Vise Attachment

On Wednesday, November 6, 2013 9:16:18 AM UTC-8, janders wrote:

I have a 4" Quad vise bolted to a small angle plate that I just clamp in
the 6" vise. Setup is very fast! This offers more height though, I just
might make a similar mounting plate for mine. Thanks!

Jon

Jon A:

The 4" vise stuck to an angle plate sounds like an excellent idea.

Here are a couple of ideas I had for Kurt vise jaws.

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/e...o/ViseJaw2.jpg

The above one was to locate small parts in a sideways vise type feature, with the 6" Kurt movable jaw closing on the part and doing most of the holding. The rod would be threaded of course and have a removable handle.

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/e...gleViseJaw.jpg

On this one the angle could be set with a sine plate on a surface plate, and then installed in the vise. Or if that kind of accuracy wasn't needed you could just set it with a protractor.

--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

Theoretical speculations