patriarch

Default New Shop: any suggestions?

John T. Howard wrote in
:

I am going to buy a Delta Unisaw, but have a few questions:

1) Other than the table to the right (52" cut) and the rear outfeed
table, do you recommend any additional surface? Maybe a table to the
left? Should the rear outfeed table be the full width of the saw AND
other tables, or just to the rear of the blade?

snip
I often wish I had more support to the left of the blade on my LT Unisaw.
The router table I built to be the same height as the saw helps somewhat,
but the outfeed table doesn't extend there. I'm left with roller stands,
or people with detailed instructions to help with the off cut from ripping
4x8 sheets of ply. My outfeed table, inspired by wReckers' projects, is
maybe 42" wide, and tilts up behind the saw when in use.

Were this a business, and not a hobby shop in a (former) garage, I would
build a larger, fancier saw table, now precluded by the need for mobility
and some sense of space conservation for other tools, etc.

Patriarch