Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gefreiter Krueger Gefreiter Krueger is offline

Default EDF don't make sense

On Wed, 06 Nov 2013 18:02:17 -0000, Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 17:07:52 on Wed, 6 Nov 2013,
Gefreiter Krueger remarked:
There's not a concept (as far as I'm aware) of a company debit card with
a "limit".

Why on earth not? All the company has to do is have a seperate current account with a small amount in it.

One each for every employee? What the charge card companies are offering
is the equivalent of that, outsourced without all the admin issues.

Why a seperate one for each employee?

Otherwise a company with 1,000 employees each of whom might have £2k a
month expenses has to deposit £2m, all of which any one of the employees
can access.

If the charge card company can do it, then why not current accounts?

Or do what my last place of work did, they got a credit card with a limit they liked, and paid it off fully at the end of each month.

There used to be some issues, tax perhaps, (not sure if they've been
resolved) about issuing credit cards to employees that are paid off by
the employer.

Like what? The employer is simply carrying out the transaction for them, and has nothing to do with any tax.

"Expense accounts" have been a dirty word in tax circles for at least
the last 4 years.

Not that I know or care much about tax, but I don't see the problem.

--
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people
appear bright until you hear them speak.