Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gefreiter Krueger Gefreiter Krueger is offline

Default EDF don't make sense

On Wed, 06 Nov 2013 16:46:28 -0000, Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 16:15:50 on Wed, 6 Nov 2013,
Gefreiter Krueger remarked:
Charge cards are particularly useful for business purchases. I can buy
things for my employer, and not have to pay for them personally. At the
end of the month they can pay for them directly.

Then you should have their debit card. I used to do that with my debit card, I simply claimed for them immediately if it was a large
amount.

There's not a concept (as far as I'm aware) of a company debit card with
a "limit".

Why on earth not? All the company has to do is have a seperate current account with a small amount in it.

One each for every employee? What the charge card companies are offering
is the equivalent of that, outsourced without all the admin issues.

Why a seperate one for each employee?

Or do what my last place of work did, they got a credit card with a limit they liked, and paid it off fully at the end of each month.

There used to be some issues, tax perhaps, (not sure if they've been
resolved) about issuing credit cards to employees that are paid off by
the employer.

Like what? The employer is simply carrying out the transaction for them, and has nothing to do with any tax.

Amex has built an entire empire upon this concept, so don't knock it!

Nobody accepts them. They ought to curl up and die.

Oh, so you are knocking a very successful business model. You'd
presumably be surprised how many places you'd be wanting to charge
business expenses do in fact accept them.

I prefer things that are accepted everywhere. That's Mastercard and Visa (credit or debit cards).

--
Why are they called buildings, when they're already finished? Shouldn't they be called builts?