Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gefreiter Krueger Gefreiter Krueger is offline

Default EDF don't make sense

On Wed, 06 Nov 2013 15:28:17 -0000, John Rumm wrote:

On 02/11/2013 13:56, Gefreiter Krueger wrote:
On Sat, 02 Nov 2013 13:36:23 -0000, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , at 13:31:56 on Sat, 2 Nov 2013,
Gefreiter Krueger remarked:

It can be a very good (and required) idea in business to make the cash
flow work. The same can be true for individuals.

Asking for trouble. Spending what you haven't got yet.

No more so than my phone bill.

That's a small amount and cannot be helped unless you get a coin
operated telephone.

Why assume my charge card isn't a small amount too?

Because if it was there wouldn't be much point in bothering with one.

A somewhat narrow field of view...

Charge cards are particularly useful for business purchases. I can buy
things for my employer, and not have to pay for them personally. At the
end of the month they can pay for them directly.

Then you should have their debit card. I used to do that with my debit card, I simply claimed for them immediately if it was a large amount.

My budgeting is better than that.

Most people's isn't. I for example don't budget at all.

Why am I not surprised.

It seems a wasted effort. A budget is just a method of worrying before
you spend money, as well as afterwards.

If you do it right, its method of not worrying at all.

Easier to just spend the money you already have, then all you need to do is glance at the balance every so often.

--
Does a pedometer detect child molesters?