Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gefreiter Krueger Gefreiter Krueger is offline

Default Carbon Monoxide detector

On Wed, 06 Nov 2013 10:29:43 -0000, Martin Brown wrote:

On 06/11/2013 10:01, Gefreiter Krueger wrote:
On Tue, 05 Nov 2013 21:15:04 -0000, dennis@home
wrote:

On 05/11/2013 20:18, Gefreiter Krueger wrote:

Gas is flavoured. You can still smell that scent after it's burnt. Go
stick your nose near the vent of your boiler.

Go get your boiler fixed then!

I mean the OUTSIDE vent. Can you not smell burning gas?

If it is burning properly and cleanly then you shouldn't be able to. You
can't smell CO which is what makes it so deadly in a confined space.

If it's producing CO then there will be other gases you can smell.

Anyway I can smell a brand new boiler running, my neighbour's for example. I've never encountered a gas appliance I can't smell. Nothing is 100% clean and only makes CO2 and H2O. If it was that good there would be no CO.

--
I failed my audition as Romeo through a misunderstanding over a stage direction. In my script it clearly said, "Enter Juliette from the rear."