Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Danniken[_7_] Jon Danniken[_7_] is offline

Default Almost OT, but heated glue can needed?

On 11/05/2013 07:36 AM, Dave, I can't do that wrote:
Hi All,

Getting cold out here, snow on the ground overnight. I probably
should put this on a woodworking group, but I like to always ask here
first as you guys seem to be able to cover more/every topic.

I am using a water-based glue to assemble a large wooden project and
I am brushing on the glue with a 2" paint brush.

I need to be able to keep the paint pot warm. I am thinking of an
immersion heater with thermostat for about 100F. I am thinking that
if I have say, 3" of water in the bottom of the heater pot, I can
then sit the glue pot in that and convection will do the rest for the
glue in the inner pot.

Anyone know of a cheap 110v immersion heater with fixed or
(adjustable) thermostat I can use to make this pot-warmer? I picked
up an old lead melting pot at a yard sale for $5, but it does not go
down low enough and the water boils away in about 10-minutes. I also
tried our electric kettle, (don't tell momma {gasp}) but same again,
it has no "warm," setting.

Easy, just hook it up to your variac.

Jon