Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Almost OT, but heated glue can needed?

"Dave, I can't do that" wrote in message
Hi All,

Getting cold out here, snow on the ground overnight. I probably should put
this on a woodworking group, but I like to always ask here first as you
guys seem to be able to cover more/every topic.

I am using a water-based glue to assemble a large wooden project and I am
brushing on the glue with a 2" paint brush.

I need to be able to keep the paint pot warm. I am thinking of an
immersion heater with thermostat for about 100F. I am thinking that if I
have say, 3" of water in the bottom of the heater pot, I can then sit the
glue pot in that and convection will do the rest for the glue in the inner
pot.

Anyone know of a cheap 110v immersion heater with fixed or (adjustable)
thermostat I can use to make this pot-warmer? I picked up an old lead
melting pot at a yard sale for $5, but it does not go down low enough and
the water boils away in about 10-minutes. I also tried our electric
kettle, (don't tell momma {gasp}) but same again, it has no "warm,"
setting.

I also found some heaters for science labs but I'd have to re-mortgage the
house for one.

Thanks

Momma got an electric fondue pot she won't be using until company comes over
for the holidays? How about a garage sale electric crockpot on low?

---