Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Billington David Billington is offline

Default Almost OT, but heated glue can needed?

On 05/11/13 15:36, Dave, I can't do that wrote:
Hi All,

Getting cold out here, snow on the ground overnight. I probably should put this on a woodworking group, but I like to always ask here first as you guys seem to be able to cover more/every topic.

I am using a water-based glue to assemble a large wooden project and I am brushing on the glue with a 2" paint brush.

I need to be able to keep the paint pot warm. I am thinking of an immersion heater with thermostat for about 100F. I am thinking that if I have say, 3" of water in the bottom of the heater pot, I can then sit the glue pot in that and convection will do the rest for the glue in the inner pot.

Anyone know of a cheap 110v immersion heater with fixed or (adjustable) thermostat I can use to make this pot-warmer? I picked up an old lead melting pot at a yard sale for $5, but it does not go down low enough and the water boils away in about 10-minutes. I also tried our electric kettle, (don't tell momma {gasp}) but same again, it has no "warm," setting.

I also found some heaters for science labs but I'd have to re-mortgage the house for one.

Thanks

How about an aquarium heater, cheap and readily available.