Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adam Funk[_3_] Adam Funk[_3_] is offline

Default Making a knife block with a circular saw?

On 2013-11-04, Roger Mills wrote:

I made a load of knife blocks - probably 30 years ago - to sell at a
church bazaar, and we're still using one of them in our kitchen.

Each is made out of 2 pieces of 3x2 with a number of slots cut into the
3" face with a circular saw.[1] The two pieces were than glued together
with the cuts facing each other and with a piece of plywood in the
middle, forming a sandwich. I seem to remember that the wood I was using
(salvaged from computer pallets at work!) was long enough to make 2 at a
time - so I cut through at an angle after the glue had set, so that each
one had a sloping top.

[1] Can't really remember what saw I had at that time. I think it was a
B&D jobbie with a 7 1/4" blade, clamped under a third-party saw stand to
convert it into a poor man's table saw. Did the job, anyway!

That's quite encouraging, thanks!