Here, it's the countryside - narrow lanes, etc, - that have the

lower
limits

How odd. I've never seen a lane with a limit on it,

Can't think of any around here either.

... and always thought it crazy that you could go faster on a narrow
road with blind bends than in a built up area on a straight with
excellent visibility.

Who will come of worse between a tractor and a car?

A tractor. I've actually done that. I wrote off my first car by slamming into one. I was travelling along a straight country road (past GlenOchil prison) at about 70 or 80, and he pulled out of a farmtrack on my left without looking. Irritated, I overtook him, but he immediately turned right without indicating (I think) or checking his mirror. I collided with his right front wing, knocking the axle clean off, and spinning the tractor back onto the road, tipped forward with no front wheels. My Maestro wasn't as badly harmed and flew off onto some grass next to the road, a little crumpled at the front and with the front wheels misaligned. It was an old car and it was decided it was too expensive to bother repairing. Unfortunately I said to the insurance company "I couldn't see his indicator because of bright low sun", which caused them to blame me. It was the farmer's son driving, and he called his dad who actually had a go at him for not checking his mirror. He was a bit
****ed off because it was his only tractor, but he didn't have a bad word to say about me, in fact he gave me a lift home.

A large rabbit

I've driven along the narrow roads near Glendoll on many occasions, and at dusk there are tonnes of rabbits. I've braked hard and avoided every single one, but only because of ABS. The stupid things still just sit staring at me until I turn off the headlights.

or even a pheasant can take out a headlight or smash a
radiator grill.

Hehehe, my friend's (when I were a lad at school) mum crashed her car into a ditch to avoid a pheasant, which I thought was rather odd, as her husband regularly went out shooting pheasants.

A sheep would probably cause serious damage,

They normally live in fields. If one has escaped, you usually spot it a long way off.

roe deer
have long thin legs so will tend to get scooped up and have a good go
at coming through the windscreen. A red deer, probably will come
through the windscreen, you might survive...

Funnily enough I've never had a problem with deer and my car, maybe as I tend to drive old noisy cars with big stereos, they hear me coming. I have however missed a deer by three feet when cycling. That gave me a bloody fright. There's a video on Youtube somewhere of one jumping into the side of a bicycle on a cross country race.

--
A young teenager comes home from school and asks her mother, "Is it true what Rita just told me? That babies come out of the same place where boys put their thingies?"
"Yes, dear," replies her mother, pleased that the subject had finally come up and she wouldn't have to explain it.
"But then when I have a baby, won't it knock my teeth out?"