Unisaw A100

Default New Shop: any suggestions?

John T. Howard wrote:
1) Other than the table to the right (52" cut) and the rear outfeed
table, do you recommend any additional surface? Maybe a table to the
left? Should the rear outfeed table be the full width of the saw AND
other tables, or just to the rear of the blade?

Full width and full depth. Take your measurements from a
queen size mattress. Use the additional space below to
store cut-off sleds. Don't Ask Me How I Know This.

2) How much clearance would you like to have on all sides of the saw
beyond the tables?

I've got 8'ish in the front, 8'ish in the back and 3'ish to
the left which is fine as long as I never have to rip
anything longer than 8'ish. Your Mileage May Vary.

The table on the right is shoved up tight to the wall and so
far I've found no need to play Ring Around the Rosy. Of
course we've had no plagues here of late...

What about the Interior walls? Norm says to use wood so you can mount
anything anywhere - makes sense. What about OSB? It's cheap
(relatively), takes screws well and can be painted white. Comments?

I have a layer of OSB on the 2X studs and a layer of drywall
over that. Paints well and takes a screw(s) well. It
doesn't mean you can hang a car off the wall but with a
proper amount of screws I've never had anything fall off nor
do I ever need to by a stud finder.

Any other comments or suggestions will be appreciated. What do you
like best and least about your shop?

Lights, lights, lights and when you think you've just about
got enough lights, add more lights.

UA100