Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sony Bravia Question

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 11:43:10 -0600, amdx wrote:

I went a little further and found, it has the latest Firmware.
Version PKG4.117AAL.
So I think it did an automatic update. It has a wifi adapter attached.
I'm going to start wearing my pants while watching tv, just in case! :-)
More software controls on this that I don't have a clue about.
Mikek

There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to
adjust anything. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make
it louder, we will blow your eardrums. If we wish to make it softer,
we might decrease the compression, but it's unlikely. We will control
the horizontal. We will control the vertical. We can screw with the
image and trash it with decompression artifacts. We can change the
resolution from a disgusting blur, or sharpen it to the crystal
clarity of 1080p. For the next few hours, cease complaining, fasten
your seat belt, and we will control all that you see and hear. We
repeat: there is nothing wrong with your television set. You are
about to participate in a great adventure. You are about to
experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to
the bottom of your bank account.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D