Wm Gardner

Default Scary lesson

Yes. Rockler does still market the AL push stick. Have a couple of them
and even nicked one. It is a very soft aluminum, hardly knew it happened
at the time. Still, tend to only use them when there is a bit of
distance from the blade.........

Bill

--

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."
-Theodore Roosevelt

"Leon" wrote in message
om...

"Bay Area Dave" wrote in message
. com...

If that won't stop your heart, nothing will! I'll remember
to my dying day when all the carbide tips flew off my then
newly purchased Crapsman contractor's TS. I had ignorantly
placed the metal "feather board" that Sears sells, too close
to the blade.

It just goes against my way of thinking that a manufacturer would

produce a
metal feather board to be used on a TS. Seems like an accident

waiting to
happen. I guess it actually was.
I wonder if Rockler still markets the Aluminum push stick, another bad

idea
IMHO.