Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gefreiter Krueger Gefreiter Krueger is offline

Default OT Speed awareness courses

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 20:09:53 -0000, charles wrote:

In article , Gefreiter Krueger
wrote:
On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 18:44:53 -0000, John Williamson
wrote:

Gefreiter Krueger wrote:
On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 10:34:26 -0000, charles
wrote:

In article , Gefreiter Krueger
wrote:
On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 10:19:04 -0000, Bob Eager
wrote:

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 10:15:52 +0000, Gefreiter Krueger wrote:

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 10:09:14 -0000, Bob Eager
wrote:

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 09:33:07 +0000, Gefreiter Krueger wrote:

Another announced that the speed limit on a dual carriage is
60MPH!

It usually is.

You really love making sweeping, WRONG statements, don't you?

https://www.gov.uk/speed-limits

Jesus Christ. Let me draw you a picture.
http://www.petersphotos.com/temp/speed.jpg

And that picture proves that you made a WRONG statement. Again.

The website clearly states a single carriageway is 60mph.

Ok, so I misread dual in the post above.

I hate to think how many mistakes you make on the road.

On a road you see the road, not a label telling you what it is. You
can't misread it.

Sometimes you have to read the label, too. there's a mile stretch of
dual carriageway near here which has 50mph signs posted.

That's a number, and less likely to be misread.

And you don't have to read the label, unless the satnav makes a noise
to warn you it's got a camera.

Unless it's a scamera van,in which case you need a radar detector as
well, and a laser detector, too in case PC99 is lurking behind a bush.

Keep going, with any luck, you'll have your 12 points soon enough....

You ignorant idiot. What on earth makes you think the scamera vans
aren't marked on the satnav too?

They move

They use good vantage points, which are all known. Also, despite being called scamera vans, their main aim is to slow people down at dangerous places. So that's where they sit. Often they even warn you they're there. There is one in Perth where the police actually put a sign half a mile back saying "Police Camera Ahead".

--
Peter is listening to Psy - Gangnam style