Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham.[_2_] Graham.[_2_] is offline

Default OT Speed awareness courses

On Sat, 2 Nov 2013 18:00:57 +0000 (UTC), Adrian
wrote:

On Sat, 02 Nov 2013 16:41:46 +0000, ARW wrote:

I find the bit about it not altering the way you drive interesting. I
know several people who have attended the course. One of them came back
with the statement "if there are streetlights then it IS a 30MPH limit
end of". Another announced that the speed limit on a dual carriage is
60MPH!

I just wonder if a lot of it is dumbed down.

No, the dumbing-down was probably only the attendees themselves,
remembering selectively.

That's true. We had a discussion about the trend of road deaths since
the mid '60 to reduce year on year from 6,000 to 2,000

It was surprising how much some of the group did not know, for example
it was commonly believed that your exit had to be clear before
entering a box junction when turning right.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%