Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gefreiter Krueger Gefreiter Krueger is offline

Default OT Speed awareness courses

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 13:28:50 -0000, tony sayer wrote:

In article , ARW
o.uk scribeth thus
Gefreiter Krueger wrote:
On Sat, 02 Nov 2013 15:19:07 -0000, ARW
wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 02/11/13 09:25, ARW wrote:

do what I did: ignore it. (similar speeds: I THOUGHT it was a 40....)

They said 'you will be reported to the police'

I may have well been, but the police didn't act.

In reality they make no money from reporting you to the police, so
they don't bother.

********. I had a trip to S****horpe magistrates last year for
"ignoring" a NIP. I actually never received it as it was posted next
door and no-one was living there at the time. I got the failure to
supply the drivers details (that a 6 pointer) dropped and got away
with a £65 for speeding (plus £40 costs and £15 victim surcharge)

Don't they make you sign for the letter?

No. But the NIP says "You are required to provide the appropriate
information on this form" and "If you do not obtain a certificate of posting
and later claim in court to have replied, then this may go against your
case".

The magistrates were happy enough to accept that I did not receive the NIP -
three of them sat high up looking like Gods. The one on the left had nice
eyes and a very sexy smile - I wanted her phone number.

Its a shame Adam that a few more practical down to earth people like you
aren't magistrates;!...

Indeed. The defendant could change the course of the day by wearing less.

--
I go fishing; I catch nothing. I go to orgies; I catch everything.