Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim...... tim...... is offline

Default OT Speed awareness courses

"Gefreiter Krueger" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 11:54:37 -0000, charles
wrote:

In article , Gefreiter Krueger
wrote:
On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 11:07:37 -0000, charles
wrote:

In article , Gefreiter Krueger

wrote:
On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 11:01:14 -0000, F news@nowhere wrote:

On 03/11/2013 10:47 Gefreiter Krueger wrote:

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 10:45:37 -0000, F news@nowhere wrote:

On 03/11/2013 09:33 Gefreiter Krueger wrote:

On Sat, 02 Nov 2013 16:41:46 -0000, ARW
wrote:

Another announced that the speed limit on a dual carriage is
60MPH!

It usually is.

It's not.

Read the other posts before replying.

It's still not usually 60mph.

Most single carriageways are 60.

Single carriageways without a lower limit posted are 60mph. Round here
they are generally 50mph or even 40mph - but that's Surrey Highways
for
you.

It's more countrysideish round here, so most don't have lower limits
until you're in a built up area. Or roadworks. We mustn't endanger all
those traffic cones after all.

Here, it's the countryside - narrow lanes, etc, - that have the lower
limits

How odd. I've never seen a lane with a limit on it, and always thought it
crazy that you could go faster on a narrow road with blind bends than in a
built up area on a straight with excellent visibility.

speed limits aren't there to teach you to dive

there're there to stop you annoying the neighbours

tim