Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gefreiter Krueger Gefreiter Krueger is offline

Default OT Speed awareness courses

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 09:39:21 -0000, Tim Streater wrote:

In article , Gefreiter Krueger
wrote:

On Sat, 02 Nov 2013 14:38:57 -0000, Roger Mills wrote:

On 02/11/2013 09:25, ARW wrote:
It looks like I will now get my wish to see what they are like:-)

The postie has just dropped off my NIP for doing 37 in a 30 zone. I knew on
Thursday that I had been caught.

Is there any point in attending these rather than paying the fine and
taking the points?

The original idea seemed to be that, by attending the course, you would
avoid the points - and any insurance implications.

But most insurance companies now want to know that you have attended the
course - so there's no longer any advantage, unless you're in danger of
being a "totter".

Half of my insurance companies never asked for points, the others didn't check :-)

I think you may be obliged by law to tell them, not sure tho.

Like that would make me do it. I broke the sped limit, why follow the law for this?

In any case, it would provide an excuse for them to invalidate your insurance.

It doesn't seem to. I don't think they check. I've had a number of claims against me, and they've never made a fuss. Maybe they can't if it's a third party claim - I've never made a claim myself.

What does their small print say?

I never read smallprint, I only speak English.

--
There are 2 kinds of people in this world. Those that want to get ahead, and those that just want to get head.