Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default How to clean out an expanding foam gun?

On 02/11/2013 11:29, mike wrote:
I recently bought a "Bondit" branded gun for used with cans of
expanding foam. It worked well, much better than the cans with
straws.

It's the silver one here although I think they've for the
description/product code mixed up with the black one:

http://www.bond-it.co.uk/product/hea...onal-foam-gun/
http://www.bond-it.co.uk/product/pro...ding-foam-gun/

I cleaned it out afterward with the appropriate aerosol can of
cleaner attached -- kept the trigger pressed and waited until it was
coming through clear -- but the second time I came to use it about a
week later, it's just not working.

The trigger and the valve at the end of the barrel move freely,
there's no obvious obstruction at the inlet valve and I've reattached
the can of cleaner and tried to blast it through again, but it ain't
having it.

The usualy problem is the anti backflow valve (basically a spring loaded
BB) just after the point the can attaches can get stuck- give it a firm
prod with a small screwdriver to free the ball and it works again.

What is the best way to get it working again or is it a binner? Can
these thing she disassembled and cleaned successfully or is it full
of ping****its that never fit back together again?

Any useful advice welcome. It was fun while it lasted…..

If using again within a few weeks, I just leave the can on the gun and
don't bother cleaning it.

--
Cheers,

John.