Posted to alt.home.repair
mama needs help mama needs help is offline

Default bugs in icemaker/water area of refrigerator

replying to nestork , mama needs help wrote:
nestork.cba6a78 wrote:

I would also throw out your garbage more often.
Fruit flies lay their eggs in soft materials (often meat, rotting
vegetables or fruit) and that's what results in them showing up in your
kitchen rather than any other room. They may just be congregating
around the ice maker because it's a source of drinking water for them.
Also, if your kitchen drain pipe is leaking badly, solids from your
kitchen sink will spill out (perhaps onto the crawl space below), and
fruit flies will lay their eggs in that mass of rotting putrifaction.
In that case, however, you'd see them throughout your house.
I would clean the area where you see these bugs congregating with
bleach, and I would definitely hang up some fly paper. Fly paper is
really sticky, so that it traps flies when they land on the paper and
then can't take off again. That will break the breeding cycle so that
once your existing crop of flies is stuck to the paper, you won't have a
new crop.

thank you for your input...
since i toss food items immediately into garbage disposal and run it...
there is never any materials for insects to feed...
i know these are not fruit fllies nor drain flies....
i will take them to get indentified and go from there...
at the moment vinegar in the water trough area is killing them....
i do appreciate your response....

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...or-768866-.htm