Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Garage door torsion spring broken ... and ... I have no questions! :)

On Sat, 2 Nov 2013 01:46:47 +0000 (UTC), "Danny D."
wrote:

On Thu, 31 Oct 2013 09:19:26 -0700, Oren wrote:

I was confused by thinking there was a "standard" for the colors.

Just to be clear, there "is" a standard color code:
http://www.dasma.com/PDF/Publication...ial/TDS171.pdf

It's just that nobody really follows it; and, even if they did, it's hard to tell
what color a spring is after being on a door for ten years.

The link supports what you said in other posts:

"CAUTION: Color codes should be substantiated by physical spring
measurements, door weights, and other information as recommended by
the spring manufacturer, to insure the proper replacement,
particularly on older installations."

For example, what color is my old spring painted splotch?

Is that splotch in the middle of both springs tan? gold? yellow?
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3705/1...51b2867e_b.jpg

....pick one