Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default I have a dream - Metalworking ++

"RogerN" wrote in message
"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message ...

I always appreciate those that can design parts that are machining
friendly. Some mechanical designers will draw an easy to draw line
without realizing how long that it's going to take to cut.

RogerN

I was drafting parts for GM production line equipment when I realized
that I should better understand the processes of forming them.

By the time I had the basement space and spare cash for a hobby shop I
was working in satellite communications. There's a considerable
mechanical element to practice on in building microwave circuits. The
old-timers familiar with waveguides and cavity filters understood it,
but not all the newer EE grads did and I had to bring touchy-feely
models to meetings to convince them that they could trust me to make
things they didn't fully understand work right. .

jsw