Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Speed awareness courses

On 02/11/2013 09:48, Road_Hog wrote:
On Saturday, November 2, 2013 9:41:10 AM UTC, Gefreiter Krueger
wrote:
On Sat, 02 Nov 2013 09:25:29 -0000, ARW
wrote:

It looks like I will now get my wish to see what they are
like:-)

The postie has just dropped off my NIP for doing 37 in a 30 zone.
I knew on

Thursday that I had been caught.

You must have some right *******s around there. Nobody here has
ever been done for less than 10 over the limit. And I've often got
away with more than that - once it was 95 in a 70!

It's all aabout the money. ACPO set up the courses and then ACPO
recommended that people start being sent on them. ACPO are a private
company.

That makes sense. I went on one a few weeks ago, 23 people at £85 a pop
- £1955 revenue. Deduct 2 'driver trainers' wages for an afternoon, hire
of a room, tea & coffee & a bit of course material - somebody is on a
nice little earner....