Posted to rec.woodworking
Unquestionably Confused Unquestionably Confused is offline

Default just found this group and have a question...

On 11/2/2013 7:37 AM, justin devico wrote:
These will be semi structural, like ply into sides of a desk(which is essentially what this project is).

I'm not sure the thickeness of the rails but the legs are like 1 5/8 thick . The rails are bigger than 3/4 for sure though. I'm afraid of cutting into my tenon on my rails.

Seems then that the solution would be to go with 3/8" dadoes and just
make sure that you're not compromising the tenons. If you can't go 3/8"
without hitting the tenon, move the tenon.