Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Maplin "50W HiFi" amplifier module instructions.

In article ,
wrote:
On Wednesday, 6 October 2010 07:52:55 UTC+1, tony sayer wrote:

Well thats not a problem as such .. the LS3/5A is an excellent speaker
let alone one for its size..

Are they seen that often outside BBC control rooms and similar places?..

I have a pair. They came in kit form and were only available to BBC
staff. I was a "pre university trainee" at Research Dept at the time. I
think only a couple of hundred were ever made to that specification.

there were at least 3 firms which had the licence to build LS3/5As. At
least one firm was founded by a former BBC Research engineer. This probably
explains the "kit" version which I hadn't come across before even though
working in TV Centre at the time they were developed.

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18