Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Shocked!

"Doug Miller" wrote in message

A$$hole troll "Fred" & wrote in

:

How can I be getting shocked off my faucet? This happens only in my
bathroom & laundry tub downstairs. It's not all the time, but it's a

good
enough zap to make you jump.

You have at least two problems: a fault in your electrical system

somewhere is energizing that pipe, and the pipe itself is not properly
grounded.

Get a qualified electrician out to look at this ASAP: this could be fatal.

You forgot a third fault - the OP is a mental defective who thinks making
people believe that lives are in danger is entertaining. Hmmm, where have
we just seen this same sort of behavior before? In a moderated group he'd
be canned faster than a tuna.

Doesn't matter if one of our own is unbalanced enough to play on people's
good natured concern for their fellow man. To our troll's dismay, in the
end I think a lot of good came out of the discussion. I learned more NEC
stuff and so, I think, did a few others.

The best part is that I ended up getting the Sperry tester recommended by
Nate (Sperry VD6505 for $15 from Amazon and free shipping!) and I love it,
too.

--
Bobby G.