George

Default Scary lesson

Tabled router and this or the homebrew equivalent is a LOT safer. Of course,
you wouldn't have the waste piece, but sawdust.

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...gory=1,43 000

"Ian Dodd" wrote in message
om...

I was cutting a shoulder rabet in a 1/2" thick slice of some exotic
burl. The protruding shoulder would sit in a 1/4" groove that runs
around the inside perimeter of a mitered walnut box I'm making to
store my chisels. I was making the last of the four cuts with the
wood on edge in which the TS blade would be buried in the wood (the
next series of cuts would be with the wood flat and would complete the
rabet).

Even upon review, I can't think of what I might have done differently
to prevent it. I'm fairly certain my hands were well placed and
exposed to minimal risk. In a strange way, I'm glad it happened
because the occasional reminder is a good thing.

Just passing this on as a reminder to others here.