Posted to rec.woodworking
Gordon Shumway Gordon Shumway is offline

Default just found this group and have a question...

On Fri, 1 Nov 2013 14:35:34 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

I'm building a jewelers bench for my wife. And I'm cutting dadoes for 1/4 walnut ply panels. And was wondering how deep should the dadoes be?

Let's see now...

One said: 1/3 of the thickness the dado is in.
One said: 1/4" or 1/2 of the thickness the dado is in.
One said: 1/2".
One asked something personal about your balls.

For me, I'd go with the 1/4" depth unless the dado is going in 1/4"
material. If so, 1/8" is adequate.

I wonder what the next four or five answers will bring.