Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D.[_2_] Danny D.[_2_] is offline

Default Garage door torsion spring broken ... and ... I have no

On Wed, 30 Oct 2013 11:24:16 -0700, Oren wrote:

... and a couple of us tried to get you to pull the sheet rock down so
we could see the header beam. And add vertical 2X6 lumber to lag bolt
into. Sheet rock is cheap - you could have saved some time, doing it
the right way.

I did the best I could.

The one good thing is that the right end flag of this large door is well
anchored, since I did that last time when I fixed the smaller door end flag:
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3669/1...a9cbf2e2_b.jpg

But, the left end flag is just swaying in the breeze, because it has nothing
under it. But, luckily, this center support doesn't sway because we have
TWO springs (which counteract the twisting forces):
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2813/1...cd689400_b.jpg