Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Exterior door trim

Greg Guarino wrote:

Ummmm... Greg - do you really believe

If I had sufficient knowledge to "really believe" one way or the
other, I wouldn't need to ask. I find it an asset to be aware of the
limits of my knowledge.

I understand that Greg, but don't you live in a world that you can look
around and observe?

that if you whack that trim that is
made out of wood, that you won't damage it?

Dent? Sure. But I doubt I'd take a chunk out. Maybe that doesn't
happen with the plastics either, but when I don't know, I ask.

I don't blame you for asking when you don't know - in fact isn't that what
we should do? No shame in not knowing. It's hard to believe you can't see
or haven't seen that you can take a chunk out of a piece of wood trim. I
guess, maybe it's true, so I'll just say yes - you can indeed take a chunk
out of both pine and a good hardwood. I'd really have to believe you could
find evidence of this around your life - after all - it's really common.
Sometimes it's just that we don't think to look, I guess.

--

-Mike-

--

-Mike-