Bay Area Dave

Default Scary lesson

Leon wrote:

"Bay Area Dave" wrote in message
. com...

If that won't stop your heart, nothing will! I'll remember
to my dying day when all the carbide tips flew off my then
newly purchased Crapsman contractor's TS. I had ignorantly
placed the metal "feather board" that Sears sells, too close
to the blade.

It just goes against my way of thinking that a manufacturer would produce a
metal feather board to be used on a TS. Seems like an accident waiting to
happen. I guess it actually was.
I wonder if Rockler still markets the Aluminum push stick, another bad idea
IMHO.

yeah, as soon as it happened, I thought the same thing; why
in the hell did they make it out of metal? I don't know if
Sears still sells them.

dave