Posted to uk.d-i-y
Java Jive[_2_] Java Jive[_2_] is offline

Default EU to flush your money down your toilet?

On Fri, 01 Nov 2013 09:44:04 +0000, Roger Chapman
wrote:

But you were only looking for something to support your opinion, not at
the whole picture, or even at the whole of the BBC report that your cite
was a part of.

I did what anyone else would do. I put suitable terms into a search
and clicked on the results.

There is nothing in either page which supports his claim that:

We wouldn't have the expense of all this EU crap and basket case ex commie
countries to support

No? You didn't see all those east European countries filling out the
negative tail of the net contributions list? Of course you did. You just
don't want to lose face by acknowledging you were (and are) wrong.

I stand by my demonstration that his claims were based on prejudice
rather than fact.

Additionally, you have conveniently overlooked this paragraph from the
actual page that you linked (the same page as you are accusing me of
deliberately ignoring, when in fact I just simply didn't ever get to
see it) ...

"There is one other important part of the revenue calculations: the UK
rebate, which returns to the UK two-thirds of its payments.

This rebate is paid for by the other 26 countries as a fixed amount of
their gross national income."

.... so, if you are accusing me of cherry-picking, what does that make
you?