Posted to uk.d-i-y
harryagain[_2_] harryagain[_2_] is offline

Default EU to flush your money down your toilet?

"Jethro_uk" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 30 Oct 2013 21:43:01 +0000, Adrian wrote:

On Wed, 30 Oct 2013 21:32:54 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

So the price of the coalition is a liberal democrat government?

Since nobody had a majority, the alternative would have been another
election. Or a minority government.

TBH, given the situation a couple of years ago, I went into the election
thinking a blue/yellow coalition would have been the best outcome.
Labour deserved to lose, and lose heavily. They'd left an absolute
poisoned chalice for whoever replaced them, that really did need both
the other parties to pull together rather than fight over it.

That was my reading of the situation, and to be honest my hope. The idea
of a Tory majority throwing it's weight around was quite scary.

I don't think the opprobrium that's been heaped on Clegg over it all has
been remotely fair. They're very much the minority partner. The main
character deserving of opprobrium has been Cable, who's proven petulant.

Unfortunately whether by design, or just the way "things go", it's been
very very hard to see much LibDem tempering of the Tory tendencies. I am
not so naive as to think they could have things their own way, and
understand the tuition fees situation as a necessary part of doing
business with the Tories. However there have been lots of opportunities
for the LibDems to have softened Tory policies that appear to have been
missed.

The net result - for me - is that all 3 parties are simply too toxic. I
don't yet know what candidates will be up for selection in 2015. However,
I know that my vote will not go to Con/Lab/LibDem. Labour have revealed
their true Tory colours by voting *with* the government to
retrospectively deny compensation to people treated unlawfully by the
state. Something I think the courts will eventually overturn.

My hope for the next election is that no permanent coalition is possible,
and we have some enforced consensus politics.

You are in cloud cuckoo land.
The country has so much debt that there will be hard times for decades to
pay it off.
If you have personal debts, then you are truely f***d.
Anyone taking up this cheap mortgage deal is deranged.

There is a very real danger of total economic collapse.
Maybe even worldwide.
We will all be on bread and water if that happens.
Bliar/Broon and the rest really f***d us all up.

Where do you get this idea that everything can go on as before?