dave in fairfax

Default Jointer planes

Wolfgang Jordan wrote:
It's certainly not a misuse, as can be seen on this picture from a
German woodworking book (1954):
http://www.holzwerken.de/techniken/stosslade1.jpg
I'd say it's a good way to joint short boards. For long boards a jointer
plane alone should do it.

Thanks for the documentation, Wolfgang. That looks like about a
2-2&1/2' shooting board from the picture, the ones I was
suggesting are 5' and longer making longer boards much easier to
use. I'll post a pic to ABPW to see if that makes it any easier
to explain. A long plane, #7 or #8 could be used on top of the
bench alone, I'm just a belt and suspenders type of person.

Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work