Posted to alt.survival,alt.home.repair

Default Church without power

Or, you can also -
turn off any water heaters, and lock them out. (It could be as
simple as a sign saying "Building has been Winterized, the water lines
are empty." over the "on" switches.)
Open a faucet at the far end (or highest) of the building
Hook an air compressor to the hose bib (simple enough adaptor to
connect the air line to the water line.
Pressurize the water line with air, and "blow it clear".
Add the anti-freeze to any toilet tanks.
MARK EVERYTHING.

The WH are upstairs in mechanical room. Few people know where they are,
and few have key to that room. I've never tried to blow out a building
that size. But, between gravity and air pressure, ought to work. I'd
have to cancel all meetings, and that would be interesting. Not sure I
have that authority. One of those "damn the torpedoes" and go ahead and
do it anyway. I cancelled a satellite broadcast, one time. That was
interesting.

--
..
Christopher A. Young