Posted to alt.home.repair
=[_2_] =[_2_] is offline

Default Church without power

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
news
On 10/31/2013 10:33 AM, Nate Nagel wrote:
On 10/31/2013 10:07 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I'd also like to see water and food stored. The
church policy prohibits food storage in the
meeting houses. Water, not sure.

The idea of providing shelter for residents is good. That not only is a
nice gesture but believe it or not but the heat contribution of a living
human is not negligible.

nate

Some where (probably in the confidential book) are some
guidelines as to use of LDS buildings as shelters.

You're right, that humans put out heat. I used to remember,
there is an average figure of BTU per hour per average
person. That's cooling load in summer, reduced heating
load in winter.

--
.
Christopher A. Young

The heat output of an adult human is about 100 watts or 340 BTU/hour. Some
humans, of course, radiate more than others.

Tomsic