Posted to alt.survival,alt.home.repair
NotMe NotMe is offline

Default Church without power

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
On 10/30/2013 9:35 AM, Nate Nagel wrote:

Will the church be occupied or no?

CY:Probably not, during a power cut. I think they generally send everyone
home. We had a day time winter power cut, years ago. They sent us all
home.

I'm thinking portable heaters e.g.
kerosene although you probably don't want to be in there while they're
running. Unfortunately, you'll probably also get some lingering kero
smell.

CY: That did come to mind. I'd have to check the BTU, but the church has 7
zones. I think the smaller five are 250,000 BTU per hour input, 80%
efficiency. Fire regulations (insurance) prohibit fuel burning portable
heaters. I think also electric plug in heaters also prohib.

I'd go ahead and drain the pipes too just in case.

Good shop vac might help as blowing out the lines does not always work.