Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Church without power

On 10/31/2013 10:07 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 10/31/2013 9:42 AM, bob haller wrote:
well look at it this way, buy a generator that

can power one furnace at a time.. plus some
lights and other critical things.

not for this simulated disaster but any time

power fails..

you could promote your idea of a generator as a

investment for your community.

if the power fails someday your church would have

enough power to be a shelter for the neighborhood
and or your members, besides protecting your
valuable investment your building.

later you could suggest some emergency food.

MREs or shelf stable stuff that can be rotated out
for the needy before they get too old.

and dont forget bottled water.

One of these days, I'll check the amp draw of the
furnace. Maybe someone out there has a 230/1
generator I can use if there is a cut. It would
take some custom temporary wiring, but that's
OK. I have done that. I can imagine them open
the doors as shelter.

I'd also like to see water and food stored. The
church policy prohibits food storage in the
meeting houses. Water, not sure.

The idea of providing shelter for residents is good. That not only is a
nice gesture but believe it or not but the heat contribution of a living
human is not negligible.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.