Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Church without power

On 10/30/2013 9:29 PM, wrote:
If you are worried the grid will go down and you will need power,
buy your insurance NOW. Book the genset and pay for it. Then you have
it if the grid goes down.
But if it is only for less than 48 hours, warm the building up real
good on the 12th and then close the doors and keep them closed. It
will NOT cool off to the danger point unless the exterior temperture
dives WAY below freezing

I'm in a rough spot. If I contract for a generator and
the grid stays up, then I'm in a world of looking bad.
Won't be the first time. You're right to check the
forecast a couple days ahead of time. The building is
masonry, and some of the pipes are fastened to the
outside wall (not designed for NYS). They have to keep
the heat over 65 in the winter, or the pipes freeze.

--
..
Christopher A. Young