Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_3_] bert[_3_] is offline

Default EU to flush your money down your toilet?

In message sting.com,
Artic writes
The Natural Philosopher scribbled...

One of the benefits of being on a UKIP mailing list is such delightful
snippets as these

http://www.euractiv.com/climate-envi...gulates-flushi
ng-to-news-531374

Less 'Part P', and more 'part-pee'..

"Further down, the minutes of one of the expert group meetings singles
out the following ?key findings?:

that ?toilet seats/covers are not really related to the product
function?;
that ?toilet seats/covers are often sold separately? from the main
?product?;
and that ?there is a high variability in consumer?s choice for
toilet seats/covers?.

Experts have agreed that two ?key elements? appear to affect the water
consumption of flushing toilets and urinals: their design and the user
behaviour. Regarding user behaviour and ?based on the discussions with
stakeholders?, the experts have decided to set the average flush volume
as "the arithmetic average of one full flush volume and three reduced
flush volumes".

Wow. I bow to the mighty EU! who would have known that! Or come up with
such a daring solution!

Or didn't they think that with most homes equipped with water meters and
spiralling costs, we shouldn't already not be flushing more than we had to?

And they wonder why UKIP membership is increasing faster than its
declining in the other parties....

Yes, one in every four times you use the bog hence their calculation of
average flush.

--
bert