Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Wood Furnace fan doesn't run long

" wrote:
Octopus furnace is a perfect description. I remember having to crouch
down to get under the pipes almost anywhere in the basement near the Octopus furnace.

A former co-worker's grandmother lived on the family farm. I visited with
him a few times and he once showed me the coal burning octopus furnace. It
had an electric screw-style shaft that would bring up one piece of coal per
"fin" and dump it on top of the burning coal. It was one of the earliest
auto feeds made.

How would you like a furnace like this...very pretty.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Po%C3%AAle.jpg